Welcome to my blog. On this blog I will post my travels on a motorcycle. The first trip was the start of the blog, but soon after I finished, I realized that there would more travels done on my motorcycle. I hope you enjoy the pictures and thank you for reading.
Steven

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Party like it's my birthday!

So, today we had our first big track day planned. Lots of kilometers as well, so out of bed early, off for breakfast. Unfortunately, breakfast was only served at 8, so we decided to had out without breakfast. We had hobnobs and water. The night before we looked at the map and decided to do one big loop inland first and if we had time, we would do a second. We had a great morning on the first route, hit some farmer's tracks, some crossing, some swamps and some crossroads. We really had so much fun and all was going very well. We got our boots flooded, mud paths until the foodpegs, moonlands and a belgium guy on a bike in the middle of nowhere. He had a long while to go before he was going to see some normal roads again. We had done at least 100 km with nothing and he was going down the path we just road. Poor guy.
 farmer's track
 crossroads
 river crossings


 moonland
 The crossing that stole my sunglasses
 going down the highlands, we had to drive down de F821. This is more like driving down a river then a road. But it was sooo much fun.
Icelandic horse
As I might have mentioned before, it was a great day, maybe even the best day ever on a bike. And, it was my birthday! So after we arrived in Akureyri, we went to pick up our new tyres, had them fitted and after that we went out for steak. Perfect day. Also, I would like to thank Julie for her call and all the other people that left me a message one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment